In this podcast from the Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH), SASH researchers Dr Naomi Warne and Dr Helen Bould talk about their research on disordered eating and self-harm.
Discussion points include;
- The comorbidity between disordered eating, self-harm, and also emotional dysregulation
- The three potential mediators of the association between emotional dysregulation and subsequent disordered eating and self-harm.
- The relevance of social cognition and experiences of being bullied as potential mediators
- How mediating pathways appear to differ by sex and outcomes
- Suggestions for interventions based on potential useful targets for the prevention and treatment of disordered eating and self-harm
- Advice for Child and Adolescent Mental Health professionals and policy makers.