‘Exploring what will and what won’t work for a school art programme aiming to prevent anxiety and depression’
Who can take part?
We are looking for creative therapists and mental health professionals who work in or with UK secondary schools with young people aged 11-12 years old. This can include art therapists, play therapists, educational psychologists, child and adolescent psychiatrists, social workers, link workers and many more job roles.
About the project
We are developing an art and wellbeing programme (a series of creative sessions or workshops) for schools that could help prevent mental health issues in young people. We would like to talk to creative therapists and other mental health professionals so we can better understand what would and wouldn’t work for an art and wellbeing programme.
We aim to:
- Explore the potential barriers to delivering and sustaining an art programme aimed at preventing anxiety and depression in UK secondary schools
- Better understand how these barriers can be overcome/avoided
- Inform the development of an art and wellbeing programme aimed at preventing student mental health issues
This study has received ethical approval from the University of Bristol Faculty of Health Sciences Research Ethics committee (ref 14010) and Bristol City Council (ref 2023-015).
The study involves sharing your views in a focus group with other mental health professionals who work closely with secondary schools.
We are holding three in person focus groups:
- Focus group 1: Saturday 25th November 10:30am-12:30pm at St Paul’s Learning Centre (BS2 8XJ)
- Focus group 2: Thursday 7th December 6pm-8pm at The Park Centre Kingswood (BS15 4AR)
- Focus group 3: Tuesday 12th December 10:30am-12:30pm at St Anne’s House (BS4 4AB)
All participants will receive a £30 voucher and certificate of research participation (to evidence CPD) as a thank you.
For more information or to let us know you are interested in taking part, please visit: https://app.onlinesurveys.jisc.ac.uk/s/socs/focus-group-reg-of-interest-creative-therapists-mh-professionals or contact Naomi Warne and the Create for Confidence team (firstname.lastname@example.org).